TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Identification of the company
TurAventur is an active tourism company and a travel agency. Turaventur also runs a rural tourism classified as Casa de Campo (Country House).
Turaventur has 3 registrations in the National Tourism Registration, available in the Turismo de Portugal site, the National Tourism Organization:
- License RNAAT. 17/2002.
- RNAVT 3409 and the
- RNET 597
Our activities are classified as Turismo de Natureza.
2. Paying condition
- A deposit of 250 € per person is required at the time of booking of any tour with total cost per person above 400 €. Full payment is due 45 days prior to departure.
- A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking of any tour with total cost per person under 400 €. Full payment is due 45 days prior to departure.
- A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking of any half day or full day tour. The remaining shall be paid in cash to the guide at the beginning of the tour
- 50% at the time of booking
- 50% one week before the starting date
Included and not included items
- The services included are always referred in the included section of the price folder or, in case of a personalized proposal, in the included section of the proposal sent by e-mail.
- Any item not mentioned on the included section is not included.
- TurAventur may mention NOT INCLUDED items on services we consider important to call your attention to.
3. Payment Methods
- TurAventur does not accept checks.
- TurAventur accepts credit card payments through Paypal adding 4,1% for taxes.
- At our farm house, Monte do Serrado de Baixo debit cards and money are accepted.
- Payments by bank transfer must be made to our bank account with the IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 4643 8380 0013 5
- Please send copy of bank transfer to the email: email@example.com, mentioning the program and starting date.
4. Cancellations and refunds
By Turaventur’s initiative
Turaventur reserves the right to cancel a program according to these circumstances:
- Force Majeure: War or the threat of war, terrorism, strikes, fires, natural disasters and similar situation beyond our control. In these situations there are no refunds of the payed amounts. If circuntances allow Turaventur will offer an alternative programme as similar as possible to the canceled.
- Extreme weather conditions that may compromise the security of the program. In this case there is no refund, TurAventur will offer an alternative program as close as possible to the canceled.
- Programs with minimum number of participants:if the minimum number of participants is not achieved then we will propose:
- New price for an inferior group, to be accepted or not by the client;
- Alternative program;
In the unlikely event Turaventur is forced to cancel a programme due to any other reason not mention above we will offer the refund of all payments received.
By Client’s initiative
Individual package activities – including accommodation and activities:
- Cancellations up to 56 days prior to the tour departure: TurAventur will refund all received amounts minus 50€ for handling fees.
- Cancellations between 55 and 42 days prior to the tour departure: There will be no refunds of the amounts already paid.
- Cancellations between 41 and 21 days prior to the tour departure: The client can choose between a 70% refund, a reschedule of the program or booking a different program.
- Cancellations after 21 days prior to the tour departure: There will be no refunds.
- There will be no refunds once the programme commences.
TurAventur suggests a Travel Insurance according to number 6 of this Terms and Conditions.
Individual activities up to 1 day
- Cancellations up to 28 days prior to the activity TurAventur will refund the deposit.
- Cancellations after 28 days prior to the activity there will be no refunds.
- There will be no refunds once the activity commences.
Activities for company groups
- Cancellations up to 84 days prior to the activity: TurAventur will refund all received amounts minus 200€ for handling fees.
- If you cancel between 83 and 42 days prior to the activity: TurAventur will refund all received amounts minus 200€ for handling fees plus any cost or expense already assumed.
- Cancellations after 41 days prior to the tour departure: There will be no refunds.
- There will be no refunds once the activity commences.
- Cancelling conditions can be negotiated BEFORE the booking of the activity.
5. Risks and liabilities
The tour difficulty level is explained in each tour description.
The booking of any service implies:
- That the client will inform TurAventur of any medical or physical condition that may be affected by or affect the activity.
- The understanding and acceptance of the risks associated with any outdoors activity involving physical effort in remote locations like bike riding, canoeing, walking, off road vehicles, obstacle courses and similar games.
- The physical ability to complete the chosen programme.
6. Warranties, insurances and liabilities
Turaventur, Aventura e Turismo Lda is fully insured according to Portuguese law in force for its activity.
Nominal accident insurance – Policy number 27/2588
This insurance is nominal which means all participants must provide the full name and, if under 18, also the age.
The following Coverage per person/accident applies:
- Medical treatment: Limited to 3500 €. Above this amount it is up to the client to pay for the expenses.
- Death or Permanent Disability: 20.000 €
- Children under 14 years old; Death and permanent disability is replaced by funeral expenses with a maximum of 3000 €.
Civil liability insurance – Policy number 95/219928 e 95/933735
Civil liability insurance covers any damages to third partie or client properties as a direct consequence of the activity and of our responsibility.
50.000 € / sinister / year, at activities of outdoor animation.
75.000 € / sinister / year, at travel agent activities
TURAVENTUR accepts no liability for any damage or accident accurring during it’s activities not covered by the above mention insurance coverages.
Turaventur suggests all travellers to make travel insurance to cover lost luggage, diseases, cancellation, etc….
All TurAventur activities are monitorized by skilled and experient professionals.
All TurAventur activities have a risk assessement evaluation and a safety plan.
7. Available emergency means
- Portugal has a national emergency system that can be used any where in the country through the number 112.
- Human resources: all full time employees have a 1st aid certificate.
- Material resources: in all our programs we have a basic 1st aid kit and mobile phones. We may also use our bikes, jeeps or canoes as emergency means.
8. Procedures in case of accident
All TurAventur activities are preceded by a safety briefing. When it comes to safety we believe all participants involved share the responsibility of acting safely.
In case of accident there are some procedures that imply costs not covered by the TurAventur Personal Insurance Policy that clients should be aware of at the time of the booking. The mentioned procedures are as follows:
- Whenever the national emergency system decides that the accidentee does not require an ambulance the accidentee must pay for the transport to the medical center of his choice.
- All medical care must be paid by the accidentee.
- The accidentee must collect all documents necessary to later present to the Insurance Company.
- TurAventur will file the accident report with the insurance company and support the accidentee in presenting all documents and expenses necessary. The insurance company will from this point on contact directly the accidentee.
- The insurance company will refund the accidentee according to the coverages and limits mentioned on number 6 of this Terms and Conditions and assessment of the accident.
9. Bicycle: Rental Conditions, Technical Support and Responsibility
- Clients assume full responsibility for the bicycle and gear during the rental period.
- Your responsibility may go up to the total cost of the bike – Normal Touring bike 500, E BIke 2500 €.
- It is up to the client to ensure the safety of the bike and gear. Among other precautions, when unatended, the bike must be locked through it’s frame and back wheel in a visible place.
- There is no insurance for bikes. For information about insurances please see number 6 on this Terms and Conditions.
- You may purchase from us a Theft and Damage extra protection service. Please see the conditions of this service in point 10.
- The bikes are delievered in perfect working conditions. If something is not working properly it must be reported immediatly, before the guide leaves.
- Bikes are equipped with helmet, rear rack and trunk bag, lock and spare tube.
- In self-guided tours we also provide a pump, tire levers, map carrier, odometer and multi tool kit.
- When you return your bike you must pay for any lost or damaged items.
- When booking a self-guided tour clients are expected to know how to solve minor problems on the bike like changing a flat tire or tuning gears or brakes. Bikes are delivered working properly but small problems can occur due to continuous use. If you need us to meet you to solve these kind of problems an additional fee will be charged.
- If you book a guided trip the guides will take care of all problems.
- When booking a cycling tour you must know how to ride a multispeed bicycle and be sure that its use and physical effort present no risk to your health.
- Participants assume all risks associated with the activity they have booked. Your safety comes first so the use of HELMETS is required.
10. Bicycle Theft and Damage protection service
This is not an insurance.
This service covers:
- Bike theft. Providing that TurAventur verifies all precautions to prevent the theft from happening were taken.
- Damages resulting from an accident or crash which does not involve other vehicles.
In case of theft or accident the client must always file a complaint with the local authorities.
The cost for this service is 75€ per bike/tour (up to 8 days), VAT included.
This Service does not include
- The clients and bike transport to local bike shops or bike mechanics, even when advised by TurAventur.
- Transport of Mechanics to the place
Transport of mechanics is subjected to availability and delays due to distance.
This service does not apply to
- Damages caused by negligent use.
- Damages caused by noncompliance with road traffic laws.
- A road accident involving other vehicles. In which case the authorities must be summed to access responsibilities on site. An insurance declaration must be fulfilled (declaration will be provided with the bicycle).
- Electric Bikes
This service may be halted at any moment without prior notice and without prejudice for on going tours.
11. Itinerary changes
TurAventur reserves the right to make changes to tours routes and activity locations when unpredictable reasons beyond our control make it impossible to continue with the booked activities.
Such reasons are among other examples blocked roads or road constructions, weather and environment occurrences, public heath and safety, client delays, etc… In this situations there will be no refunds.
12. Support Car (Guided Cycling Tours)
The support car does not ride with the group.
It will be always at a reasonable distance from the group in order to be able to reach it in a maximum of 60 minutes in case of need.
The support car also does other services like setting up picnics or doing shopping for the day.
TurAventur is entitled to use the photographs taken during the activities for promoting and marketing purposes for our tours only. No images shall be used when the image of a person is equal to or larger than 50% of the photograph size.
14. Queries and Complaints
We will respond to email and telephone queries concerning your tour within 48 hours. The absence of our response may mean the message did not arrive, please send the message again.
If there is a problem during the tour, the client must address one of the guides immediatly, or if it is a self guided tour call the support number provided in the briefing and documentation.
The goal is to solve the problem rapidly.
A complaint may be filed in writing to TurAventur up to 30 days after the end of the programme.
According to legislation, we have a complaints book.
We also have a Compliment’s book and 3 trip advisor pages where clients can share their experiences. (Turaventur, Portugal Best Cycling and Monte do Serrado de Baixo)
15. Applicable Law and Competent Court
The present terms and conditions are governed by the Portuguese Law.
All disputes arising from the interpretation or execution of these Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the District Court of Évora, with express waiver of any other.
16. Customer Information
Directive 2013/11/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on alternative dispute resolution for consumer disputes and amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 and Directive 2009/22/EC (Directive on consumer ADR).