- Active holidays in Portugal – Cycling, walking and kayaking
- Algarve’s picturesque and lively historical centers
- Southwest Alentejo and Costa Vicentina NP
- Yellow sandstone cliffs on Lagos with amazing caves
- Tasty picnics served at the beach or at local restaurants
- Very nice hotels and fantastic beaches
- Flexible tour. Add or cut days as you wish
This adventure tour starts in Porto Covo, a fisherman village with a charming architecture and relaxing atmosphere. From here we have a fantastic view over the cliffs.
Your adventure starts with a walk throught the wild rugged area of the Southwest Alentejo and Costa Vicentina NP, on the west coast.
Our days have lots of variety with visits to places such as the Fisherman’s museum, the cape of Sagres and several fortresses. The Portuguese Sea Discoveries of the 15th century are always present.
Besides cycling, walking, kayaking and enjoying the amazing scenery, we invite you also to learn about the local economy.
The beaches are beautiful, on the first days with fun waves and impressive steep cliffs on the background while the last days offer us quiet and crystal blue waters.
The hotels are all great quality. There is a Pousada included and an old hamlet, time forgot, transformed into one of a kind hamlet/hotel tourism project.
Finally kayaking will give you a different perspective of all this amazing scenery!
You can make this trip:
- with us on a guided tour getting all the interpretation and companionship.
- with friends on a self guided tour.
Welcome to our Active Holidays in Portugal! If you like multi activity holidays, you may see more options in our Turaventur website.
|Tour type||Heritage, Landscape, Ocean views|
Day 8 or 9
Day 9 or 10
1st walking day from Porto Covo to Vila Nova de Milfontes
Altitude gain: 167mt/ 547ft
Total Distance: 20 km/ 12mi
2nd kayaking day in River Mira
Level: easy +
3rd cycling day from Vila Nova de Milfontes to Odeceixe
Altitude gain: 530 mt/ 1738ft
Total Distance: 48 km/ 29mi
4th cycling day from Odeceixe to Pedralva
Altitude gain: 450mt/ 1476ft
Total Distance: 63 km/ 39mi
5th walking day in Bordeira
Altitude gain: 20mt/ 65ft
Total Distance: 10 km/ 6mi
Level: easy plus
6th cycling day Vila do Bispo to Lagos
Altitude gain: 520mt/ 1706ft
Total Distance: 37 km/ 22mi
6th cycling day Pedralva to Sagres (optional for extra day)
Altitude gain: 614mt/ 2014ft
Total Distance: 44km/27mi
7th cycling day Sagres to Lagos (optional for extra day)
Altitude gain: 840mt/ 2755ft
Total Distance: 46km/ 28mi
7th or 8th Kayaking day Lagos
Prices per person – 2019
Departures everyday for all types of Tour.
Prices under request
Discount price if you book 2 tours!
Tour extension: Continue Cycling with us to the gorgeous inland of the Alentejo and do the Castles and Wine Tour.
Upgrade: You can upgrade your night in Odeceixe to the hotel Casas do Moinho. Upgrade costs between 25 € and 70 € per person, depending on date.
- For a single person tour Contact us.
- For a massage Contact us.
- Extra nights – we strongly recommend that you do one or two breaks along the way. There are great places that deserve an extra night (see the programme). We will charge you only the cost of the hotel and 5 € per day per bike.
Not Included: Bikes insurance, Travel insurance, Tour cancellation insurance, and all items not mentioned above. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Guided group tour dates
Subject to availability, you can do this tour at any date as a private guided tour or as a self guided tour. The fact that a group date is full does not mean you cannot do a private tour on that date. So contact us anyway!