Portugal Bike Tour- Castles and Wine
- Sleep in castles, palaces and farmhouses
- Internationally awarded wine tastings
- This Portugal bike tour takes you through beautiful landscapes with vineyards, olive groves, cork oaks
- Évora historical centre, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Site; Mediaeval villages
- Delicious regional Portuguese gastronomy from the Alentejo, always present at our unique gourmet picnics and selected restaurants.
The Castles and Wine BIKE TOUR will live up to its name.
Most nights will be passed either in a castle or an old convent, now beautiful charming hotels.
Along the way, the great ancient city of Évora, world heritage site, and small fortified hamlets will tell the stories of wars with moors and Spain. The border is right there on the other side of Alqueva, the biggest artificial lake in Europe.
The loveable Alentejo people, at first shy, the Mediterranean typical gastronomy along with the wonders of cork, marble, olive oil and other crafts will enrich your experience. And the wine… well come and judge for yourself…
All this in safe backroads with some easy bits off the asphalt riding, with us by your side.
We will be pleased if you chose to Cycle our Portugal Bike tour!
You can make this Portugal Bike tour:
- with us in a guided bike tour getting all the interpretation and companionship
- with us, having the support car guiding you
- with friends in a self guided biking tour.
|Tour type||City, Heritage, Inland, Landscape|
1st cycling day from Arraiolos to Évora
Altitude gain: 591 mt/ 1938 ft
Total Distance: 50,90 km/ 31 mi
2nd cycling day Megaliths (from Évora to Évora)
Altitude gain: 579 mt/ 1899 ft
Total Distance: 49 km/ 30 mi
3rd cycling day from Évora to Reguengos
Altitude gain: 517 mt/ 1696 ft
Total Distance: 48.1 km/ 29 mi
4th cycling day from Reguengos to Monsaraz
Altitude gain: 417 mt/ 1368 ft
Total Distance: 31.6 km/ 19 mi
Level: easy plus
5th cycling day from Monsaraz to Vila Viçosa
Altitude gain: 671 mt/ 2201 ft
Total Distance: 48.2 km/ 29 mi
6th cycling day from Vila Viçosa to Estremoz
Altitude gain: 315 mt/ 1033 ft
Total Distance: 31,2 km/ 19 mi
Level: easy plus
Prices per person – 2020
Departures everyday for all types of Tour.
Come on our set dates and Get a Better Price.
Discount price if you book 2 tours!
LUXURY OPTIONS – Upgrade cost under request, depends on type of room available and seaso
Not Included: Bikes insurance, Travel insurance, Tour cancellation insurance, and all items not mentioned above. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Guided group tour dates
Subject to availability, you can do this tour at any date as a private guided tour or as a self guided tour. The fact that a group date is full does not mean you cannot do a private tour on that date. So contact us anyway!